Pain After Shingles

For most people who develop post herpetic neuralgia (PHN) pain as a result of shingles, the pain can usually be managed with medication and goes away within a few months. However, for many other people, the pain continues. Because of this, we are currently conducting a clinical research study of an investigational topical ointment for people with chronic PHN pain.
Pain After Shingles Study Details - Click Here

In this study, the objective is to learn more about the safety and effectiveness of the investigational ointment when it is applied to the area affected by PHN. Approximately 330 people will take part in this research in the US and Canada and about 10 people are expected to take part at Beacon Clinical Research LLC.

You will be randomly assigned by chance (like drawing straws) to receive either TV45070 4% ointment, TV45070 8% ointment or placebo (inactive ointment). The placebo will look similar to TV45070 but it will not contain any active drug substance. You will have a 66.7% (2 in 3) chance of receiving TV45070 and a 33.3% (1 in 3) chance of receiving placebo. This is a double-blind study, which means neither you nor the study doctor will know to which of these study drug groups you are assigned. In case of emergency, the study doctor can get this information. The term “study drug or study medication” refers to both TV45070 ointment and placebo in this form.

Qualified participants must:

  • Be 18 years of age or older
  • Be suffering PHN pain for the past 6 months
  • Have no history of fibromyalgia

Free treatment & compensation for time and travel.

Interested in participating in this study?

Completing this form in no way obligates you to participate in a clinical trial, but may result in a research member contacting you by phone or email to assess your qualification into one of our research studies.

Pain After Shingles
Sending

1250 Hancock Street
Suite 503S, Quincy, MA 02169
(774) 462-6602